Snort mailing list archives

Re: Continuous packet streaming on boot of CentOS 6.3 64 bit

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:56:40 +0530

The snort message is as follows:

Initializing output plugins !!

pcap DAQ is configured to passive.

Acquiring network traffic from "eth0"

Decoding ethernet

    --==Initialization Complete==--

SNort
.
. //messages of version number
.

Commencing packet processing (pid=1668)

and stopped there !!

I have unplugged n/w cable and got above output.

Does "shell in" means getting grub console then yes !!

I can get grub console.

Looking forward for guidance,
*
--
Cheers,
Mayur*

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>wrote:

Thanks Russ sir for reply.

My problem is I am unable to log into command line mode  i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F2

and also GUI mode of CentOS. And after that I have to add this path.

Would you please guide me how to do that it will be a great help !!

Can you shell in?  If that doesn't work, try unplugging your network
cable(s).

Thank you !!
--
*Cheers,