Snort mailing list archives

Re: Zeus P2P-proxy sig

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 13:33:03 -0600

On 2013-06-07 13:30, Joel Esler wrote:
On Jun 7, 2013, at 3:22 PM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net [2]>
wrote:

Yep.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET 10000:30000
(msg:"MALWARE-CNC
Zeus P2P-proxy C2 Write command"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"POST |2f|write HTTP|2f|1.1"; depth:25; metadata:policy
balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, service http;
reference:url,http://www.cert.pl/PDF/2013-06-p2p-rap_en.pdf [1];
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:10000075; rev:1;)

Thanks James, yes we were looking at that this morning too. We've
been
putting the IPs responsible for Zeus in our blacklist feed for
sometime now. They are working great, we add about 2k a day. But this
type of sig will help people find infections in their network they
weren't aware of.

--
JOEL ESLER
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

Thanks Joel...lot's of good info in that pdf.

James