Snort mailing list archives

Re: Zeus P2P-proxy sig

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:30:34 -0400

On Jun 7, 2013, at 3:22 PM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net> wrote:

Yep.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET 10000:30000 (msg:"MALWARE-CNC
Zeus P2P-proxy C2 Write command"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"POST |2f|write HTTP|2f|1.1"; depth:25; metadata:policy
balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, service http;
reference:url,http://www.cert.pl/PDF/2013-06-p2p-rap_en.pdf;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:10000075; rev:1;)

Thanks James, yes we were looking at that this morning too.  We've been putting the IPs responsible for Zeus in our
blacklist feed for sometime now.  They are working great, we add about 2k a day.  But this type of sig will help people
find infections in their network they weren't aware of.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT