Snort mailing list archives

HTTP Filtering using Snort

From: Sharon Sahar <sharon.sahar () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:40:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Snort on Linux.
Is there a way of using snort to filter traffic (in RT or from existing
PCAP file) in similar to "Follow TCP stream" in wireshark?
For example, if i have an HTTP get request to specific host  which takes 2
packets and the response that returns occupies 4 packets, is there a
feature/rule syntax in snort that will allow me to filter the whole HTTP
session (all the 6 packets) to this host by hostname

Thanks!