Snort mailing list archives

Re: Still trying to build this box

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:51:21 -0500

On 3/12/2013 09:03, Jim Turner wrote:
I have made progress since last night. Snort is now starting and not erroring on
the rules. I accomplished this by uninstalling and starting all over again. Now
I am just unable to log any of the data.

what are you expecting to log? snort will only log traffic that creates
alerts... regular/normal traffic should not create alerts... it only ran for 90
seconds...