Snort mailing list archives

Re: Use dyndns to ignore my ip

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 22:56:04 -0500

On 2/15/2013 03:47, Andy wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to use dyndns to ignore my ip address (which changes) I keep
getting alerts that I want to suppress from just my ip.

i also use a dynamic domain name provider for my DNS entries... you'll have to
be more specific about your request... i do not have the alerts you seem to be
having... is your snort restarting when your IP changes and is this change in IP
also reflected in your snort's configs???