Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and SQL database

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 23:46:00 +0000

Well assuming PFSense is a firewall and reporting on every
block/pass/whatever of traffic.. that will look completely different
then a snort alert which only reports on traffic that hit against a
rule; they are not the same thing.  You could have valid traffic all
day long and never trigger an alert.. but the firewall logs might be
busy logging all traffic.

But I could be missing the point of your question completely.