Snort mailing list archives

Re: Persistent problems with rule updates for Registerd Users

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:05:26 -0500

On Jan 2, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Michael Steele <michaels () winsnort com> wrote:

I just downloaded the latest rule set for the ‘Registered Users’ titled snortrules-snapshot-2940.tar.gz. It STILL
contains an OLD snort.conf. It’s missing port assignments, and it still includes the ‘output database’ option.

The registered users file is 30 days behind the subscribers.  It has an older snort.conf.

This was a previous problem and there were assurances it was taken care of. Looks like someone is not doing their job?

That's my job, and yes, it was done.  You are 30 days behind.

 Can someone pull the Registered Users tarball (snortrules-snapshot-2940.tar.gz) and verify all the rules and
configuration files are up-to-date?

No.  They are 30 days behind.

--
Joel Esler