Snort mailing list archives

Re: Recommended hardware for running snort in packet logging mode on home network proxy?

From: Mike Miller <mike () millertwinracing com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 20:02:40 -0600

Net gear makes a managed switch that'll mirror traffic, it's not expensive, look for a GS105e (specifically....there
are other similar ones that are NOT managed) it'll be about $70 and has enough ports to monitor two segments ( inside
and DMZ in my case)

And anything Pentium4 or newer oughta handle home traffic.