Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: error on startup

From: Ray Caparros <arcy24 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:25:43 -0500

Could you post your conf file for us to look at?

Thanks,
Ray

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Leonardo Pezente <lmpezente () gmail com> wrote:
ok, i will try to be more clear.
For what i can see, the snort has a startup script, and i only have to make
some
changes on it to adjust to my sistem. I have done that, but he is giving
this error.

im using ubuntu 12.04 LTS

and im running snort with:

snort -c /(path)/snort.conf

for what i can see, this error happens because he cant find the file
"functions".
So i dont know if i jus comment this line or if there is another way.

you need to send this to the list... i do not provide support in private...
sorry... i guess i need to fix up a sig that states this :/