Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Configuration - Length of the http request method

From: Bhagya Bantwal <bbantwal () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 09:56:03 -0500

Can you please send me your http inspect configuration?

This is an error that happens when http_methods has a method longer than 7
chars.

-B

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:14 AM, <hsasai7 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I've just install snort Version 2.9.3.1 on Mac Book Pro.
When I run it, I received the following error message.

$sudo /usr/local/bin/snort -d -e -i en1 -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(328) => Length of the http request method
shoould not exceed the max request method length of '7'.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Here's the line 328 of my "snort.conf".

webroot no

What do I need to adjust in snort.conf to set the max request method
length less than 7?

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!