Snort mailing list archives

Snort Configuration - Length of the http request method

From: hsasai7 () gmail com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:14:30 +0000

Hi,

I've just install snort Version 2.9.3.1 on Mac Book Pro.
When I run it, I received the following error message.

$sudo /usr/local/bin/snort -d -e -i en1 -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(328) => Length of the http request method shoould not exceed the max request method length of '7'.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Here's the line 328 of my "snort.conf".

webroot no

What do I need to adjust in snort.conf to set the max request method length less than 7?