Snort mailing list archives

BASE and the Next Generation

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 06:00:04 -0500

First off, we all now BASE is dead. But because of how many people still
use it, I'm willing to do the following.

If anybody has anything they'd like fixed, or any SMALL
changes/features, please let me know. I'd like to release one last
"stable" version for those who either can't move on, or just like the
simplicity of it. The code is a quagmire, so I don't want to do too much.

That being said, all the talk I made way back about a new ground-up
Snort-focused manager/analysis/dashboard/Tetris/workflow Web-based
project is slowly coming to fruition. Here is a quick and aging overview:

http://www.procyonlabs.com/software/astraeus

I'm soliciting feature requests/ideas/comments from you fine folks. Also
a list of brave "I've got nothin' to lose" testers. Though be warned. I
once accidentally fried someone's 1200 baud modem with only C and a poor
understanding of I/O.

Thanks!
Randy