Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error running snort

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:34:01 -0400

Supported platforms:
http://www.snort.org/snort-rules/shared-object-rules

Does include 12.04.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:58 PM, AllowOverride <allowoverride () gmail com> wrote:

this leads to another issue, so_rules, i did not see ubuntu 12.04
listed, only up to 12.04. is there a updated precompiled rule set for
12.04 coming soon, not that i know what they are for, i figure packets
being analyzed should matter what distro it is coming for?

i assume the precompiled rules are for base services included in each
linux different distro, thus the need to specify them in the first
place.

dont answer that, i will figure it out, just thinking out loud..