Snort mailing list archives

Re: There appears to be a bug in Base-1.4.5

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:37:40 -0600

Security onion isn't a program as much as it is a distribution of
linux/snort/snorby/sguil/bro/elsa/<a few other things>.  It has all
the consoles in it and you can try and use what you want.  It's a
liveCD (or installable) instant IDS.  It is not a single console.

People use snorby, base, sguil, bro, splunk, syslog servers, all sorts
of things.. they use what they find that works.  Each person has a
different flow of how they handle events and what they want to see
with an event.. so there are many tools to suit many needs.