Snort mailing list archives

Re: Event Suppression between specific Source and Destination

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:17:13 -0700

That's a good idea too.  I hadn't thought of using bpf for that reason.
Plus less rules.. nice.
On Dec 15, 2012 10:10 AM, "Tony Robinson" <deusexmachina667 () gmail com>
wrote:

If you're good with BPF syntax, snort accepts BPF filters, if you have
enough key things to flag on, you can the BPF to make snort to ignore
traffic meeting the characteristics causing your alert to trigger between
these two hosts.

It's not a pretty alternative, but its an alternative nonetheless.