Snort mailing list archives

Re: Event Suppression between specific Source and Destination

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 21:38:58 -0500

On 12/14/2012 10:44, Guido Hungerbuehler wrote:
I only agree on parts. Because if you would like to create a pass rule
for one specific rule and the two affected hosts, this would mean that I
basically have to copy the rule that triggers the event and replace
'alert' with 'pass' and adjust the source and destination.

But if the signature gets a new revision, the pass-rule does not get
updated. And I would have to check for changes in the rules manually.

welcome to IDS Management 101 ;)

but seriously, i see what you are saying but there is no other method available
at this time for the way you choose to operate :?