Snort mailing list archives

Re: MySQL support for Snort 2.9.4

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:14:05 -0500

On 12/11/2012 16:47, Kaya Saman wrote:
Basically Snort should just listen to all traffic and report for
anything hinky - running in IDS mode.

it has to get traffic first... it might not be seeing any for some (deeper)
reason (then just looking at a wire and a NIC) ;)

I'm wondering if I should pull the Emerging Threats rules in again and
use those as they worked before?

it is not the rules... it is the snort... there's no real difference between the
VRT and ET rules sets ;)