Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort.conf 2.9.4

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 19:14:55 -0500

I'll make sure these are fixed.

On Dec 4, 2012, at 5:36 PM, Michael Steele <michaels () winsnort com> wrote:

The link is not correct, and should be: http://labs.snort.org/snort/2940/snort.conf

I’m still rather confused. Is that the correct configuration for 2.9.4. Do I need to ask the question; “Is the output
database option been put back in”; because the snort.conf attached to the above link contains:

# database

Is it possible someone from the Sourcefire team can fix the link and attach a corrected snort.conf for 2.9.4 in the
link above.

Also, matching the snort.conf from the 2.9.4 tarball and the snort.conf from the above 2.9.4 link, shows a multitude
of differences.

Is Sourcefire actually distributing the source and executables with updated configuration files, makes me wonder…

Michael...