Snort mailing list archives

Re: Everything working what next

From: k vijay sai prashanth <vijaysaiprashanth () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:24:39 +0530

Okay. Thats very informative. Sorry again if my question was too basic.
Just want to be clear on a fundamental level.

So for example, I have suppressed ICMP rules from internal systems to avoid
false positives and if some of my internal hosts were compromised and a
DDOS was launched form our internal systems, Now that I've suppressed ICMP
alerts from these hosts I am in danger right? How can I write suppress
rules keeping such situations in mind? Is there a way to suppress alerts
upto a certain number and if that threshold is crossed then raise an alert?

Regards,
Prashanth