Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + PF_RING + DAQ

From: livio Ricciulli <livio () metaflows com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:48:37 -0700

The instructions on the pdf on the Snort site were outdated; sorry.
Both https://www.metaflows.com/technology/pf-ring/
and the included pdf should work.
Make sure you do

yum -y install libdnet kernel-devel libtool subversion automake make autoconf pcre-devel flex bison byacc gcc zlib-devel gcc-c++

before doing anything else.

We do not use the latest versions of PF_RING and daq because they keep changing too quickly for us to do proper QA. The combination of versions in our instructions seem to be extremely stable.. If you
want to venture with the latest versions, please let us know how it goes..

Livio.