Snort mailing list archives

Re: Email

From: Bill Mathews <billford () billford com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:16:31 -0400

You could always deploy OSSEC and let it alert for you. It understands
snort logs just fine.
On Aug 29, 2012 7:54 PM, "Greg Williams" <alphawebfx () gmail com> wrote:

If it were me, I would not do a db search, the database is already
processing stuff.  I would have scripts on all your sensors, monitor the
alert log, and clean the alert log every 5 minutes when the grep is
complete. Saves processing power by only searching the last 5 minutes
instead of the entire db.