Snort mailing list archives

Re: Disabled rule still alerting - UPDATE - FIXED !

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:43:13 -0400

I try not to link anything when it comes to rules and stuff.  Absolute paths ftw.

On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:32 PM, "Tony Reusser" <treusser () filertel com> wrote:

UPDATE---

I think I fixed it.

I created a symbolic link to my OLD so_rules directory before I installed pulledpork.  I deleted the link and created
a new one to the pulledpork-created stub file directory, but I used the same name for the link.  Apparently some
weird stuff can happen when you start messing around with file links.  I re-created the link using a different name
and that seems to have fixed the problem.  It seems I did indeed have a duplicate set of rules that wasn’t intended.

Thanks for the input.  It helped me look in the right direction.

*still a linux n00b*