Snort mailing list archives

Re: Disabled rule still alerting

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:20:43 -0400

gen_id 3, sig_id 21355

should suppress it.

On Aug 29, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Tony Reusser <treusser () filertel com> wrote:

How do you suppress it?

It is a shared-object dynamic rule that does not have a gen-id/sig-id in gen-msg.map.

I’m following the recommended procedure by putting it in the ‘disablesid.conf’ file when running pulledpork.  I even
tried the ‘-E’ option so only enabled rules get written to the outfile (so the rule doesn’t even exist anymore) and I
STILL get the alerts!!!