Snort mailing list archives

Re: What do I need to configure in snort.conf to protect against segmentation attacks?

From: Gmail Personal <mainmen1985 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:44:58 +0100

I should also add I changed the port targeted to 22, just in case something was going weird. And I have added the port
to the Stream5 option

Weird!

Emeka Agu | Sent from  iPad

On 26 Aug 2012, at 11:30, Emeka Agu <mainmen1985 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Tony thanks for the help. Still get the problem!

I followed this guide too:
http://searchsecuritychannel.techtarget.com/tip/Snorts-Stream5-and-TCP-overlapping-fragments where Richard did
exactly the same thing as me

And edited my Stream5 TCP policy to include the reassembly Port, but it still didn't detect anything. Surely
something is wrong, or is Snort that easily beaten by segmented TCP streams?

Thanks