Snort mailing list archives

Re: Quick uricontent question

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:51:46 -0600

On 2012-09-19 14:45, lists () packetmail net wrote:
On 09/19/12 15:32, James Lay wrote:
As I am reading the info on uricontent, the content is already
normalized...does that mean I don't have to hex anything with
"/counter.img?theme="?  Or does it matter.  Thanks all.

So before Alex jumps in, uricontent is deprecated in favor of
http_uri as a
content modifier.  That being said, yeah, it still works just like
threshold
being deprecated.

So you have http_uri and http_raw_uri.  The latter isn't normalised
the former
is.  So:

%3D in http_uri is literally =
%3D in http_raw_uri is literally %3D

As I understand it http_uri is faster than http_raw_uri but I welcome
corrections here.

Check out 3.5.15 http_raw_uri and 3.5.14 http_uri

Thanks,
Nathan

Ah bugger...ok thanks Nathan....crossing out uricontent in yon Snort
manual :)

James