Snort mailing list archives

Re: Studying Snort

From: Kiet Tran <kietstar () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:22:22 -0700

Hi Thamer;

Snort calls a library, PCRE, to resolve the regular expression (RegEx)
idioms. The idea of using GPU as an RegEx offloading engine can be
implemented from the inside of libpcre source code.

You can prove my claim by putting debugging information inside
libpcre and recompiling for your system, then run Snort to see.

Have fun and success on your quest.

Regards,
Kiet