Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort sensor on virtual machine...[?]

From: Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:42:40 -0700

You can make it work, you just have to dedicate the networks ports in
your server to it.

Essentially, you create a VSwitch using the NIC you use to get the
traffic, and then connect the sniffing interfaces on your snort VM to
that vswitch.  It was pretty straightforward...feel free to ping me
offlist if you'd like any other info on this.