Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort doesn't react on rules - help a new snort user

From: Simon Blixt <blixten_496 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:12:00 +0000

Hi,

once again, a big thanks. Now I get it all running, but it still doesn't react on my rules.. Snort does receive and
forwards packet according to the display after I've used CTRL+C.
I noticed that when I start Snort it says "Using libpcap version 1.0.0" and also PCRE and ZLIB, shouldn't DAQ be there
to..? I don't know what you need to see so figure out what may be wrong..
Since I'm not receiving any errors I don't know where to look :/. I'm trying my own rule,  "alert tcp any any -> any
any (content:www.uid11.local" msg:"xxx"; sid: 1241231;)",
and surfing to www.uid11.local from my client to the webserver.

Yours,

Blixten