Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort doesn't react on rules - help a new snort user

From: Simon Blixt <blixten_496 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:16:27 +0000

Hi,

Thank you so much for clearing those things out for me, I knew it was something I've missed.
So, I've added another Interface and running Snort with -Q. Unfortunately it says "ERROR: pcap DAQ does noy support
inline."
So I guess I've messed something up during the compilation? I will google it and check on the forum for an answer.
Another question, do all of my interfaces need to be in promiscuous mode, or just the bridged one? And I don't need to
enable ipv4-forwarding anymore?

Yours,
Blixten