Snort mailing list archives

Re: HOMENET IP exclusions

From: Nogwai <nogwai () gwaimo fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:02:37 +0100

EXTERNAL_NET is set to :

var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

I've read somewhere that exclusions in the HomeNet are kinda incompatible
with External_Net. Is it the problem ?
If yes, and assuming I set my variables like this :

var HOMENET [10.0.0.0/8,99.0.0.0/16<http://10.0.0.0/8,99.0.0.0/16,%21%5B10.9.0.0/16,99.0.17.0/24%5D>
]
var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET ![10.9.0.0/16,99.0.17.0/24]

I'll NOT see alerts coming from excluded IP, right?