Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.9.2 preproc sids, gids missing from gen-msg.map

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:23:43 -0500

This has been fixed, the new one will come out tomorrow.  It's also present
here:

http://www.snort.org/vrt/snort-conf-configurations/

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

We're on it. Thanks.

--
Joel Esler

On Feb 6, 2012, at 9:37 AM, "Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr." <
lhughes () safemedia com> wrote:

Hi,

There seems to be many sids & gid descriptions missing from the
gen-msg.map for the 2.9.2.0 rule snapshot?
This is one example preprocessor rule missing out of the gen-msg.map:

alert ( msg: "DNP3_DROPPED_FRAME"; sid:2; gid:145; rev: 1; metadata:
rule-type preproc; classtype:protocol-command-decode; )

How do we resolve this?

Thanks,
Larry

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest