Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Public Bugzilla? [was: threshold -- is it really deprecated?]

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:49:15 -0500

We actually have a public bugzilla, but we need to get it refined a bit
before I unleash the masses on it.

As for our internal Bugzilla, we can't make that public, as we only have
one system.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Joshua Kinard <kumba () gentoo org> wrote:

On 01/23/2012 11:18, Joel Esler wrote:

Just let everyone know what we've done as a result of this conversation.
 We've put in a couple of bugs to track this/these issue/issues and we're
going to evaluate what we can do to satisfy the requirements/opinions
stated here.  I'll follow up with this thread when we make progress.

Slight deviation in topic, but have you guys ever thought of making Snort's
internal bugzilla (or other such issue tracker) publicly-accessible?  I
imagine there's some things you guys want to keep to yourself, and most
ticketing systems should have a "developer only" bit in them.

Might help better manage comments/ideas/bugs/patches from the community if
we can file those into a ticket tracker and then get CC'ed when updates
happen.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible
in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

--
Joel Esler | http://blog.snort.org | http://vrt-blog.snort.org |