Snort mailing list archives

Re: FATAL ERROR: VRT-specific-threats.rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:29:41 -0500

Jonathan,

We'll take a look at the snort.conf the is distributed with the tar ball.

Thanks.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Jonathan S. Abrams <
jonathansabrams () gmail com> wrote:

Thanks for the tip.  What I find troubling about this is I had downloaded
v2.9.2 from snort.org and used pulledpork to obtain the rules.  That blog
post states that people who work with Snort this way shouldn't have a
problem.  Plus, the snort.conf file included with v2.9.2 did not have the
necessary chunk of code, but the example snort.conf file for v2.9.2 on the
website did.