Snort mailing list archives

Re: FATAL ERROR: VRT-specific-threats.rules

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:11:49 -0500

So you have a variable called  "FILE_DATA_PORTS" in your snort.conf?

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Jonathan S. Abrams
<jonathansabrams () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I am close to having Snort v2.9.2 working on OSX v10.4.11.  I say close
because I am observing the following error, which is preventing Snort from
starting up.

FATAL ERROR: /etc/snort/rules/VRT-specific-threats.rules(668) ***PortVar
Lookup failed on '$FILE_DATA_PORTS'.\n

Can anyone offer me guidance on resolving this error?

Thanks for reading!

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort
news!