Snort mailing list archives

about ParseSnortConf function in 2.9.2 || configuration file parsing based on policy id why?

From: mitesh jadia <mitesh.jadia () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:24:55 +0530

Hello,

I am watching code to read snort configuration file initialization part.

I want to know about
tSfPolicyConfig *policy_config;

which is member of SnortConfig structure.

Why configuration file reading is done based on policyid??
Is it required when we reload snort configuration??
Can anyone suggest me any decryption of whole snort code.

Regards,
Mitesh Jadia