Snort mailing list archives

Re: Active response not working in 2.9.0.4 ?

From: Risto Vaarandi <risto.vaarandi () seb ee>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:19:42 +0300

On 09/20/2011 02:23 PM, Risto Vaarandi wrote:
On 09/19/2011 10:07 PM, Russ Combs wrote:
Can you explain what exactly is not working?

Can you run snort with --daq dump --daq-var load-mode=read-file -Q
arguments and look at inline-out.pcap?

Then I discovered accidentally that if inline mode is set not with -Q (I
had used this option so far), but rather with '--daq-mode inline',
things suddenly started running as expected. So it seems to me that for
some reason the -Q command line option gets not exactly the same
treatment as '--daq-mode inline' which influences the 'reject' action
and 'resp' rule option.

...it appears that --daq-mode inline without -Q will actually not enable
inline mode, and the 'drop' rules will not work anymore. It seems that
trying rhel6 is the only option left.
br,
risto

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Risto Vaarandi<risto.vaarandi () seb ee