Snort mailing list archives

Re: Active response not working in 2.9.0.4 ?

From: Risto Vaarandi <risto.vaarandi () seb ee>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:42:33 +0300

hi all,
I recall of having issues with active response for 2.9.0.4 on RHEL5 (see
the post below and my own post from last March). I am now running
Snort-2.9.1 and on RHEL5 the issues are still there. Despite 'configure
--enable-active-response' (this should be the default) and changing
options in the config and rule files, the 'reject' action is not
working. I have had no issues whatsoever in the past with snort-2.8.
Is active response known to be broken on RHEL5? If there is anyone who
has got this feature working on this particular platform, please share
your knowledge.
BR,
risto