Snort mailing list archives

Re: some question about snort rules

From: Zhuxian <zhuxian () huawei com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:32:28 +0000

For the VRT rules,  how i know which rules related to which OS, such as windows, Suse? I have not found any attribute
in the rule to indicate it is windows related or not.

And for the Apache, how i know which rules related to Apache? I can't find any rule file named apache.rules.  Do you
means i should enable all rules in web-**.rules files?