Snort mailing list archives

Re: same question about snort rules

From: rmkml <rmkml () yahoo fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 22:27:46 +0200 (CEST)

contacted vrt privately at May 14 22:53:09 2010...
Patrick answered my question.
Rmkml

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, rmkml wrote:

Hi,
Excuse me but I have previously writed privately to VRT for this subject,
because extraneous pcre are exclusively on netbios.rules:
grep -h -P "pcre:\"\/\^\.\{\d+\}\/R\";" seu481/*|grep -P "^alert" |wc -l
46
grep -h -P "pcre:\"\/\^\.\{\d+\}\/R\";" seu481/netbios.rules|grep -P
"^alert" |wc -l
46
VRT clearly have not fixed this...
Regards