Snort mailing list archives

BASE sensor name

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 08:42:14 -0600

Hey all!

Real quick...seems like when I start snort with a tcpdump style filter
(snort -c snort.conf "ip and not host blah blah blah") my sensor name
shows up as the sensorname:interface:tcpdumpfilter.  Anyone else seen
anything like this?  It's not a complete pain...just looks kinda dumb ;)
Didn't see any fixes after googling, so I thought I'd ask here.  Thanks
all..have a great week J

James