Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snorby opinions

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:38:57 -0400

On 6/6/2011 1:38 PM, Dustin Webber wrote:
All,

I would like to clarify that I was talking about the languages -- not
applications written in them. If you're a good programmer you could
build amazing applications with anything. Just consider
all languages before you start a new project. If that language works
best for the job... then use it. (except php.. never use that.)

I'm curious, what is wrong with PHP? The only cripple I see in usage is
poor development practices - not the language itself. Personally, I love
PHP. Went to it from J2EE. Recently, though, I've started playing with
Ruby (seems pleasant so far). But PHP still kings with options and
available classes (Zend rocks).

Honestly.. we should all be writing in TCL anyways...

And LISP and Pascal. Dude... let it go :-)

Randy