Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple sensors one database

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:27:32 +0000

I know have the sensor sending information to a centralized database.  My issue was that we had added permissions to
snort-sensor1@10.10.10.11 instead of 'snort'@'snort-sensor1.v60.mydomain.com'.  I do have issues with my sensor2, but I
believe that is a configuration issue.

TO complete this:

I execute mysql -u root -p <enter> and the root password on the server which host the centralize database. Type in use
snort; and then I typed in GRANT ALL ON snort.* TO 'snort'@'snort-sensor1.v60.mydomain.com';.  I typed in the same
command for the sensor2.  As soon as this happened, you could see the traffic passing.

Thanks to all for your help.  I hope this will help someone later down the line.

I have defined my centralized database in the barnyard2.conf file.

Dwane