Snort mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD 4.8 / Snort 2.9.0.3 -- libsf_engine.so missing

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:46:43 -0500

We have been working on providing the shared object rules for OpenBSD
as part of the supported platforms in the rule releases. We had a
similar problem with the engine not making a shared object. We have
solved this problem, we will have a blog post up sometime today that
describes the issue and presents the solution.

Expect OpenBSD shared object rules pretty soon. Maybe not in the next
rule release, but shortly thereafter. We still have some testing to do
with them.

Stay tuned.