Snort mailing list archives

Re: freebsd/snort 2.9.0.3 daq: how do I verify it is using the ram?

From: Michael Altizer <xiche () verizon net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:30:57 -0500

On 01/30/2011 02:10 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:

so, I am still wondering if snort is using daq !

Snort will always be using LibDAQ, so don't worry about that. For example, in your case it is going Snort -> LibDAQ -> LibPCAP -> FreeBSD BPF.

There is, however, a legitimate (and a tad embarrassing) bug in the current PCAP DAQ module where it is not properly parsing the "buffer_size" DAQ variable. I'll be entering a bug on the Sourcefire side to fix this, thanks for uncovering it. If you want to fix it locally, you can use the attached patch and rebuild the PCAP DAQ module.