Snort mailing list archives

Re: High FPs on New Stream5 Anomalies & Others

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:53:30 -0500

There is a bug fixed in the upcoming 2904 that addresses false positives on
those stream5 alerts.  Your 3rd party resets may be exacerbating things
though.  Yes it is safe to suppress / filter them.

Is this your first Snort deployment?  It sounds like you've got it under
control.  Congratulations.

Russ