Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem tuning out one particular rule

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:40:13 -0600

As a quick note, Jason responded off-list stating that the srs/dst switch
was likely the culprit.. the simple way that I determined this was based on
the "directionality" of the rule.

rule snip: alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any

As you can see, this is looking for a response and is TO the $HOME_NET... if
you don't understand, try harder ;-)

JJC