Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.2 / barnyard2 / base 1.4.5 signature not displayed and is unclassifiede

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:45:29 -0500

On 12/19/2010 9:06 PM, Jun Wan wrote:
Hi Joe,

I am using Snort 2.8.6&2.9.0/barnyard2/Snort report 1.3.0, they are okay
but they are very slow to load the data into the browser.

I used Snort 2.8.5.3/  barnyard2 / base 1.4.5  before by
following https://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/~hays/archives/2010/03/entry_23.php, I
loved BASE as it's much fast than Snort Report.

I  just wonder if you have some setup instruction/guide I can follow to
setup Snort 2.9.0.2 / barnyard2 / base 1.4.5.

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

I'm actually one of the BASE developers (though it is mid-transition to
a new lead and a newer version at some point, so you won't see much
action right now) and I help on Barnyard2.

I also do a lot of guides. What platform/OS are you looking for help on?
I think you mentioned RHEL - what version? I'm currently working on a
RHEL 6.0 guide for x86_64 that should be ready later this week.

Thanks,
Randy