Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] (no subject)

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:29:39 -0500

On 11/29/2010 05:36, Jun Wan wrote:
I think this may be because Oinkmaster downloads emerging.conf at 2:00 am every
morning, so it overwrites the one I configured before, my questions would be:

1.) Is this the right way for Snort to use ET rules by modifying the
emerging.conf as above (removing # from rules of virus, trojan, p2p etc) ?

2.) How can I keep the modified emerging.conf from being overwritten to a new
downloaded one from ET?

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

just add emerging.conf to the oinkmaster "ignore this file" section and it won't
be overwritten... there are several that oinkmaster is told to ignore...
local.rules is one example ;)