Snort mailing list archives

Re: Libpcap shipped with RHEL6 GA

From: vincent () cojot name
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:24:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi C. L. Martinez,

About the CentOS5.x/RHEL5.x packages, Yes, there were a few hiccups (due
to me packaging the wrong libpcap by mistake) but the packages are stable
now and we'll most likely be using them at the place where I work.
You can get everything (binary packages + source packages) at:
http://vscojot.free.fr/dist/snort/RHEL5
As for RHEL6, if it's shipping with 1.0.0, then it might be easy to
upgrade to 1.1.1 but it might have other side-effects.
Regards,

Vincent